Spot On Networks partners with Masonicare to provide improved facility operations and advanced technological resident services and care.
New Haven, CT (PRWEB) May 21, 2014
Our partnership with Spot On Networks allows us…to monitor our patients more closely, improve communications between staff, doctors and patients and improve property operations. — Stephen B. McPherson, President and CEO, Masonicare
Masonicare and Spot On Networks, LLC (“Spot On”) today announced a partnership to provide a unique suite of wireless solutions geared towards the assisted, independent and senior living communities, as well as health care facilities. The combined suite of services uses Spot On’s “carrier class” WiFi infrastructure to provide secure wireless local area networks and wireless Internet access. As a result, the introduction of new facility operating applications, new resident care applications and wireless resident connectivity service can be accomplished more easily and efficiently without the expense of rewiring.
The services that will be supported by the Spot On UserSafe™ WiFi Infrastructure include:
- Cloudtraq® provides peace of mind to residents by allowing them to have one-touch access to assistance wherever they are in the Masonicare complex. Pinpointing location of a resident using this Call For Aid System is made easier via the complex wide WiFi network while, at the same time giving residents an easy to use mechanism to call for aid.
- Masonicare Physician – Assisted Emergency Response® to respond to medical issues more quickly and efficiently by allowing the Masonicare Security Staff to communicate effectively with on call physicians. This will result in fewer hospitalizations and better care for residents.
- Masonicare MedMinder™ is a system with wireless devices supported by the complex wide WiFi network to provide an all-in-one medication management and an emergency alert system.
- Location based services for residents with memory issues
- Masonicare Wellness Navigator® with wireless sensor based indicators.
- UserSafe™ WiFi Access for residents to provide advanced connectivity for wireless devices.
- UserSafe™ WiFi Access for staff to provide secure wireless access to the facility back-office
- Smart Building Solutions: Including energy management, energy monitoring, video monitoring and door security sensors
“Spot On is thrilled to be partnering with Masonicare, one of the most progressive senior healthcare operators in the United States” said Dick Sherwin, Spot On’s Chief Executive Officer.
“By combining our years of expertise in carrier class wireless infrastructure with Masonicare’s innovative residential options, we are jointly able to offer residents improved connectivity with their families and innovative resident care solutions while helping organizations to save significantly on their operating expense.”
Stephen B. McPherson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Masonicare added, “Our residents want to stay connected with family and friends via such applications as Skype®, email and chat. Our partnership with Spot On Networks allows us to not only offer our residents and staff secure WiFi throughout our property, but we are able to monitor our patients more closely, improve communications between staff, doctors and patients and improve property operations.”
ABOUT SPOT ON NETWORKS
Spot On Networks is a wireless internet service provider (WISP) providing managed UserSafe™ WiFi networks to multitenant properties, hotels, assisted living and the restaurant industry. SON’s carrier class wireless infrastructure supports add-on wireless applications that solve the most pressing problems facing property owners including poor indoor cellular coverage, patient care and energy management. Spot On’s WiFi infrastructure is guarded by UserSafe™ technology. Exclusive to Spot On Networks, UserSafe™ guards WiFi usage from hacking and identity theft, allowing for safe and secure wireless transmissions.
Masonicare is Connecticut’s leading provider of healthcare and retirement living communities for seniors with its primary objective of enhancing quality of life through an exceptional continuum of person-centered care. Masonicare is a not-for-profit organization with more than 100 years of experience and is committed to innovative, value based delivery of services through an engaged workforce and transformational leadership. Masonicare has been recognized for the quality, compassionate care and steadfast support provided to its residents and patients.